Friday, June 20, 2008

Tej's review of Gattaca and Waking Life

I have had both the pleasure and the punishment of reviewing two films today. The first is Waking life directed by Richard Linklater. This film attempts to break the conventions of all films and show the world a new type of film. To which I say crap! People want to see the same types of films. Clear with a beginning middle and end. A film should inspire its viewers, this film only managed to inspire motion sickness within me. A movie which breaks all the conventions is an idea with potential. However Waking Life took all this potential and turned it into a film which should be the definition of crap. Waking Life I give you a level 5, one of the worst films I have ever seen.

I also had the great pleasure in watching Gattaca. Although the film is over 11 years old it is a film for the ages. This film managed to give me 106 minutes of pure awesomeness. With a strong storyline and actors to match I would recommend that all of our viewers watch this film. Ethan Hawke, Jude Law and Uma Thurman do this movie justice. For the first time ever on the blog I award Gattaca a level 1.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you think it's awesome now! Just wait until you have to write an anaylitical essay on it. Then you will be sorry. Bwa hahaa.

Anonymous said...

WRONG!

Anonymous said...

birdgirl show ur face....
otherwise im gonna have to go and make u muhahahhahahahahah